- See how we controlled crystallinity of Ni particles
- Synthesis of monodispersed spherical silver particles for electronic applications
- Preparation of Au/Pt core-shell catalysts for PEM fuel cells applications
- Glutathione modified gold nanoparticles for medical and biological applications
- Size and shape control of selenium nanoparticles for photovoltaic applications
Synthesize well dispersed Gold (Au) nanoparticles with clean surfaces (~25nm).
Develop a process to deposit Glutathione (GSH) molecules on the surfaces of Au particles.
Demonstrate the absorption of GSH molecules and the stability of GSH modified Au colloid.
Optimize GSH/Au ratio to ensure maximum saturation and acceptable stability.
Discuss the mechanism of GSH absorption.
GSH ¬†is one of the most powerful antioxidants in our body.
Individuals with low levels of glutathione are at high risk for chronic illness.
Individuals' level of GSH starts to decline since 20 years old.
Raising GSH levels through direct supplementation of glutathione is difficult and not efficient .
A gold based delivery system is designed for administrating GSH.
Developed suitable gold nanoparticles (uniform, well dispersed ~ 25nm nanoparticles).
Succeeded in depositing GSH molecules on the surfaces of Au particles.
Demonstrated the absorption of GSH molecules on the surfaces of Au nanoparticles.
The experimental saturation number of glutathione molecules on the surface of gold nanoparticles matched the theoretical calculation.